Exploring the ocean is much more difficult than exploring space. The ocean covers an area of 360 million square kilometers, accounting for 71% of the earth’s surface area. It can be said that human exploration of the seabed is less than 5%, and the remaining 95% are unknown worlds.
Now I’ll take you to dive down to see what the 10000 year old meter has on the bottom of the sea?
The depth is 3 meters
This is the depth of ordinary people’s swimming.
30 meters under the sea
This is where coral reefs and seafloor plants grow.
100 meters under the sea
The toad, known as “foie gras in the sea”, is waiting for its prey to come. The male fish is only one tenth of the female fish. All his life, he lives for a rich woman.
Above is the photosynthesis zone, where most of the visible light in the sun can shine in, and phytoplankton on the surface of the ocean live here.
The bottom of the sea 200-1000 meters is the middle zone, where the sun can’t reach. The oxygen content is very low, and the temperature of the sea water has dropped from 20 ℃ to 4 ℃.
Here you can meet the largest crustacean in existence, the giant crab, which has 4 meters long legs.
The water pressure here is equivalent to a 540 Jin fat man dancing on every inch of your skin.
500m under the sea
Blue whale is the deepest place where it lives. Its tongue is as heavy as an elephant and its blood vessels are so wide that people can swim in it.
600 meters under the sea
The big fin anal fish is staring at a pair of tubular eyes, looking for delicious fish swimming from above. By the way, its head is transparent.
In the deep zone of 1000-4000 meters under the sea, almost all energy sources are cut off, and the temperature is about 4 ℃. Although the water pressure is huge, there are still a large number of living creatures. The only visible light here is produced by luminescent organisms.
In front of the warning, the following deep-sea fish are very casual: Black’s flat kiss silver mackerel, giant silver axe fish and so on.
The mouth and jaw are separated. When you open your mouth when you eat, your teeth will fly out to bite and then take back.
You can see the sperm whale and the giant squid fighting fiercely.
The little flying elephant octopus is a rare deep-sea fish with lovely looks. Its fins look like the ears of an elephant.
Bottom 3000 meters
The pressure is 3000 times that of the ground, and it takes months for the sea snow to fall. Sea snow is a slime synthesized by protozoa and bacteria living in the surface water.
3100m under the sea
Giant squid will haunt.
3750m under the sea
This is the depth at which the Titanic sank.
3800m under the sea
This is the average depth of the world’s oceans.
4000-6000 meters under the sea is the “abyss zone”. It is not only dark, but also very cold. The water temperature is close to freezing point. Coupled with the terrible pressure, there are few creatures.
All living things are invertebrates, and many fish have degenerated into blind people, relying only on tactile organs instead of visual organs, such as sea cucumber, tripod fish, jellyfish and so on.
5000 meters under the sea
There is a lack of food here, so the fangtooth fish who stay here are not picky and eat whatever they see. And the food is mostly from the previous layers of the ocean.
5900m under the sea
Pegasus lives here.
The depth of 6000-10000 meters is “deep sea belt”. Generally, only in the trench and submarine canyon can there be such a deep place. Although the water pressure and temperature here are unimaginable, there are still a small number of invertebrates thriving here.
7062m under the sea
Chinese Jiaolong’s deepest dive record in the Mariana Trench.
8000 meters under the sea
This is the salmon you usually eat.
The bottom of the sea is 11034 meters, which is named “Mariana depression”. This is the largest known depth of the sea floor, enough to put the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest.
At present, people’s understanding of the depth of the seabed is far less than that of space. If the level of science and technology is improved, people can take a submersible to swim under 10000 meters of the seabed. At that time, more amazing creatures will be found, which is no less than the exploration of the universe!
What do you think of this? Welcome to comment area.