17 pieces of cold scientific knowledge: is the earth purple at first? We live in a wonderful world. Some things that seem to be taken for granted are not true. Here are 17 incredible and hard to believe cold knowledge. After reading it, you will know our world again.
We live in a wonderful world. Some things that seem to be taken for granted are not true. Here are 17 incredible and hard to believe cold knowledge. After reading it, you will know our world again!
In 2015, the population of London reached the figure of 1939 for the first time: for 76 consecutive years, the population of London would return to the pre war level only when there were no wars and natural disasters for three generations. Interestingly, neither Berlin nor Paris has arrived yet.
2. Only 5% to 10% of the wine stored for one year tastes better, and only 1% of the wine stored for five years tastes better.
3. At least 15% of the questions that Google queries every day have not been repeated for 15 years in a row: This is the statistical data of the 15th anniversary of the founding of Google. Human creativity is beyond imagination.
The population of Tokyo is more than that of Canada.
5. For every 70 people gathered together, there is a 99.99% probability that at least two of them were born on the same day.
There are 2.3 popes living in the Vatican every square kilometer.
7. Some netizens calculate that if we make a hole under our feet and get to the other end of the earth, we can get there within 42 minutes after jumping in. But the scientists calculated that it only took 38 minutes.
8. In the last 40 years, the number of wild animals on the earth has been reduced by half.
9.8% of Asians are descendants of Genghis Khan. There are thousands of beauties in Genghis Khan’s harem, giving birth to a large number of children.
10. There are 30 times more trees on earth than there are stars in the galaxy. However, this is calculated according to the fact that there are about 3 trillion trees on the earth. There were so many trees 100 years ago, but now they are much less.
There are more public libraries than McDonald’s in America.
12. A 90 year old’s life is less than 5000 weeks. If you have to calculate accurately, it’s about 4500 weeks. It sounds very rare, doesn’t it?
13. Compared with the pyramids, Cleopatra lived much closer to the moon landing. The largest pyramid of Gufu was built around 2540 BC. Cleopatra lived between 69 and 30 BC. The human landing on the moon was in 1969.
14.43% of British Airways pilots admitted that they had fallen asleep during the flight.
There are more private tigers than wild ones in the United States.
16. The earth used to be purple: Ancient microbes did not use chlorophyll to absorb the sun’s light, but used a molecule that gave the creature violet hue.
Animal husbandry causes more damage to the natural environment than public transportation.
This cold knowledge is amazing. If the earth in the past was really purple, looking at our home from space, it would be as beautiful as a dream. Look at this knowledge more, I feel that I have grown up.